- Nonce Security!
- Generates META tags automatically.
- Works out-of-the-box. Just install!
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want!
- Google Analytic 4!
- Google Webmaster Tools!
- Bing verification & Yandex verification!
- Twitter and Facebook customization!
- Quickedit SEO titles and descriptions!
- Import Yoast SEO data!
- Import Rank Math SEO data!
- Import All In One SEO data!
- Supports custom post types!
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/cds-simple-seodirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings -> Simple SEO screen to configure the sitemap, the META info for the homepage, Google webmaster tools, Google analytic, etc.
If upgrading, please back up your database first!
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Q: How does front page title and description work.
A: The default title and description will be used under settings. If the front page, or blog page are used, then those pages meta information will be used.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple SEO” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Release Date: November 22nd, 2022
- Complete code rewrite to namespaces and OOP
- Added SEO to tags
Release Date: November 23rd, 2022
- Added options to use the posts featured image for FB and TW by default.
- If FB or TW image is added, it will use that instead of the featured image.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the media loader from working in Elementor.
- More translation options with the use of __() instead of just echoing. More coming.
Release Date: Jan 11th, 2023
- Support for WooCommerce category and tag meta title and description.
Release Date: Jan 26th, 2023
- Support for translation / text domains added.
- Bug fix for import functionality. Changed URL to reflect current website instead of testing domain. Whoops!