Greek text turns into a long series of non-readable symbols when appeared in URLs, which makes it look bad. This plugin solves the problem and it just works! This plugin converts Greek characters in post, page and term slugs to Latin characters. (Greeklish). The title of an article in Greek “https://www.problogger.gr/κατασκευή-και-προώθηση-ιστοσελίδων” will be “https://www.problogger.gr/kataskevi-proothisi-istoselidon”. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my site: SEO оптимизация.
Πως να κάνω εγκατάσταση του plugin Greeklish-permalinks στο WordPress blog μου;
- Convert automaticly the permalink of every new post in greeklish
- Convert old articles (articles you created before installing the plugin).
- Automatically add canonical and 301 redirect old articles to new ones that have been converted.
- Remove stop words from the url.
- Limit the number of words in the url.
greeklish permalinkfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- That’s it!1. Install and activate your plugin like every other WordPress plugin.
- After installation the permalink of every new post will be converted to Greeklish.
- To convert old posts/terms, go to Settings > Greek to Latin Slug Transliteration Pro > click in transliterate button.
What do this plugin?
Convert automatically Greek characters in Latin for better readability and search engine opimization of site. I appreciate your taking the time visit my site: προώθηση ιστοσελίδων.
How do I install it?
After you install and activate your plugin like every other WordPress plugin, every new post permalink will be now converted to greeklish automatically.
Can I configure the conversion?
On Settings > Greek to Latin Slug Transliteration Pro > Settings, you can also modify how the plugin converts the permalinks. Currently you can:
- Convert old links
- Use filters to Disable stopwords
- Limit the number of words in the link
If you want to convert all your older permalinks, go to Settings > Greek to Latin Slug Transliteration Pro > click in transliterate button.
Does it support WooCommerce?
Yes. It supports all custom post types or taxonomies, including Products, Product Categories and Product Tags of WooCommerce.
Contributors & Developers
“Greeklish-permalink” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release
Change Ï… to y
- Fixed minor bug on previous update
- Add pro version with new functionalities and admin panel.
- Tested with last WP update 5.2.1. and Gutenberg Block Editor.
- Tested with last WP update 6.0.2.