The plugin restores the
Title field (that was removed from WordPress 4.2) in the insert link popup box and adds a new
Add rel="nofollow" to link checkbox to it.
Gutengerg (Block Editor) Note: At the moment it’s not possible to add the functionality to Gutenberg, it’s a different system from the classic editor and it does not have a hook/filter which allows adding custom settings. As soon as it becomes possible to add the functionality to Gutenberg we will update the plugin.
This plugin has been adopted and maintained by WPKube, a popular WordPress resource site, where you can find guides on WordPress plugins, WordPress Hosting, and more.
title-and-nofollow-for-linksfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- That’s all.
Does the plugin support localization?
Yes, please use translate.wordpress.org.
Contributors & Developers
“Title and Nofollow For Links (Classic Editor)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Title and Nofollow For Links (Classic Editor)” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Title and Nofollow For Links (Classic Editor)” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.12 (February 3rd, 2022 )
- Bumped up the tested up to 6.1
- Changed name and description to specify it’s only for Classic Editor
1.11 (December 27th, 2020 )
- Fix for deprecated jQuery functions
1.10 (June 1st, 2020)
- Remove unnecessary blank space when generating the rel value
1.09 (February 6, 2020 )
- fixes issue with spacing
1.08 (January 14, 2020)
- adds option for “sponsored” rel
- fixes another conflict with Toolset Types plugin
- fixes conflict with Toolset Types plugin
- minor tweaks
- update wplink.js to last version.
- fixed js-bug (thanks to @themagnifico).
- fixed js-bug in Text editor.
- first version