Auto Affiliate Links will automatically add affiliate links into your content. You can manually set affiliate links and keywords where they should be added into your content, or you can let the plugin to automatically extract and display links from Amazon, Clickbank, Shareasale, Ebay, Walmart, Commission Junction, BestBuy and Envato Marketplace.
IMPORTANT: Your content won’t be modified in any way. The links are added when the content is displayed.
If you prefer to select your keywords and add your links manually, you can do this from “Auto Affiliate Links” menu in your administration panel. In “General Settings” you can set if you want the links to be cloaked, if you want them to be added on your homepage or not and several other options.
Also, you will have options to make the links nofollow or dofollow, to open in new page or same page and to cloak links. The plugin will give you the most used 100 keywords from your content si you can easily add affiliate links to appear when they are displayed.
You can limit the number of links that are shown in every article. The frequency range from “Very Low” to “Very High”. At Very Low level only 1 link will be displayed in every article. At “Very High” frequency a maximum of 5 links will be added to every article.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or download it directly from your administration panel.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Auto Affiliate Links’ menu in your WordPress Admin panel.
- Add your affiliate links, along with one or more keywords. Do this for every affiliate link you want to display.
- Select if you want your links to be nofollow, cloaked, to open in new window, and the maximum number of lniks that are added to every article. On some environments, the cloaking of the links is impossible. If you experience problems, turn the cloaking off and it should work just fine.
- If you don’t get it how to make it work, or if something goes wrong, please consult https://autoaffiliatelinks.com for more info and use the contact form on the website to report the problem or to ask for help.
The plugin will modify the content in the database ?
No, the plugin only add the links when the page is rendered. The content remain intact in your database.
Link cloaking can cause problems on some environments ( shared hosting with too many restrictions ). If you experience problems please turn cloaking off.
Do i have to change my theme to make the plugin work?
No theme changes are needed for this plugin.
How it will affect my design and blog functionality ?
The blog functionality will not be affected in any way. Links will be added in your content and they will look just like normal links.
On the plugin management page: “Auto Affiliate Links” under “Settings”, you will have the option to set a link to have rel=”nofollow” attribute.
On the plugin management page: “Auto Affiliate Links” under “Settings”, you will have the option to set the links to open in new or in the same window. By default, links will open in a new window. As a matter of fact, it is better for external links to open in new window, so the user will notice that he is on another website right now, and to have your website still open, if he want to read more or to visit another link.
Yes. You can add more keywords in the same box, sepparated by comma. For example: “android,smartphone,phones”. If you add the same link 3 times with different keywords the result will be the same: The link will appear for all the keywords added.
If you add more links with the same keyword, only the first occurence of the keyword will add the first link. If the same keyword appear again in the article, the second link will be added on it.
First you have to request an API key from the “API Key” menu. Then, from the “Clickbank Links” menu you will have to enter your affiliate id, category and minimum gravity ( leave 0 for all links ), and set the plugin to “active”. Once you do this links from clickbank will start to show on your pages.
The plugin makes my blog to show odd html code
If you encounter any problem with the plugin, please contact us using the form at https://autoaffiliatelinks.com and we will help you to solve your issue. It has been reported that some lightbox plugin my be interfeering with our plugin.
There isn’t a software limit of how many links you can import. However, you should take into account that uploading a big file at once might cause problems with: maximum file size upload limit on your server ( it is usually 2MB ), and the fact that the script can break or exceed maximum execution time ( 30 seconds ), and only a part of the links will be saved. You should break your uploads into 100-200 links at once.
VERY IMPORTANT. Processing big lists of links ( over 500 ), might cause high server load if you are on a shared hosting, and the page load will be affected. Make sure that you only put the amount of links that you server can handle. With under 500 links you should be safe on every server type.
My CSV Import file is not working
Before attempting to import a file, make sure that the csv file is encoded as text file and does not have any custom formatting in it.
Microsoft Excel adds odd formatting to the file and making problems at import and even breaking it. When you save a file in Microsoft Excel, make sure that you check the document type to be txt or csv, to prevent odd formatting, and on that page it should also let you select the separator or delimiter.
If you can’t find the options to do this, try LibreOffice, as it is a bit easier to find them there.
Contributors & Developers
“Auto Affiliate Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added extra security and capabilities check on link manipulation ajax functions
- Added option to disable link insertion in Wp Foro content
- Added support for Meta Box fields
- Added some extra security checks
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 6.4.2
- Added security nonces for exclude terms and words pages
- Added security nonces in exclude post page
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 6.4
- Fixed issues with CJ datafeed upload
- Fixed import/export link options order to allow import of links exported with previous versions
- Added extra check for cache values
- Added button to flush excluded posts
- Sanitized exclude post by date field
- Extended and improved cache system
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 6.2
- Added back to management links in modules admin pages
- Added option to select the number of links to be displayed in admin page
- Fixed amazon links that were not working in some locales
- Added pagination for affiliate links
* Fixed nonces on plugin settings page
- Updated some missing files
- Fixed nonce check for delete link button
- Added automated link generation from Discovery Japan Affiliate Network
- Added some extra checks for plugin actions
- Changed titles on Generated Links page to avoid confusion
- Fixed text display on API Management page
- Fixed some links in API management page
- Added back button for module pages
- Added visual confirmation for update link button
- Added option to allow/dissalow adding links inside span html tags
- Added support for WordPress Multisite Network sites to use main site added links
- Fixed clicbank category selection
- Fixed some option not exported correctly
- Fixed ClickBank categories selector
- Added option to make keyword suggestion to work with international characters
- Updated the list of Amazon local stores
- Fixed action buttons on edit links form
- Added option to disable the link disclosure individually for each link
- Fixed site settings for Envato Marketplace
* Added support for HTML in disclosure text
* Tested and updated to work with WordPress 6.0
- Fixed some issues with generated links page
- Added spinner icon when loading links from affiliate networks
- Added option to sort links by url
Improved link sorting functionality
- Added ajax capability for update link feature
- Removed autoload for postnotimes option and removed empty meta values
- Added option to set a custom color for links added by the plugin
- API js file is not loaded anymore if an API key is not added
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 5.9
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 5.8.3
- Made the input fields bigger in plugin admin page
- Added option to change the filter function priority
- Fixed link priority for compatibility with wpforo
- Changed filter priority for better matching
- Fixed link form padding
- Fixed add link form on main plugin administration page
- Added the possibility to add links with an enclosed shortcode
- Tested and updated for WordPress 5.8.2
- Fixed classes names to prevend conflicts
- Allowed protocol relative URLs to be added
* Fixed link import problem when links contain special chars
- Fixed warning messages on import/export and added some extra checks
- Added option to reset click statistics
- Added option to exclude registered users to be counted for click statistics
Removed front-end notice for widget api
- Allows same keywords to be added to more links
- Autocomplete url with https when the protocol is not provided
- Changed the position of edit buttons when showind advanced options
- Fixed same link limit issue
- Fixed linking problems caused by the last plugin update
* Added option to disable individual links for showing
- Fixed warning on permalinks check
- Added option to set different CSS class for internal links
- Fixed duplicate content issue
- Updated and tested to work with WordPress 5.7
- Added links to settings and main plugin page on plugin list page
- Fixed PHP 8 related warnings
- Added price to amazon widget
- Added option to add disclosure to internal links
- Enabled statistics to work for cloaked links
- Added click tracking statistics
- Fixed warning caused by invalid post id
- Added option to check if the links are broken
- Extended support for BudyPress activities
* Fixed breaking shortcodes
- Prevent adding links when html tags contains brackets
- Fixed notice issue created by a recent update
- Added support for MU network activation
- Added option to prevent adding links in a specific number of paragraphs
- Added support for WpForo
- Fixed database warning
- Fixed CJ form display error
- Added option to allow linking of part of words or when keywords finish or start with a non-character
- Limited the number of characters taken into account for automated link generation
- Added sponsored option for link relation
- Rebuilt the way links extracted from affiliate networks are displayed
- Added button to go back to API Management page
- Updated Amazon category list
- Added option to add links on category description
- Added option to add a string or character at the end of each link
- Fixed amazon products widget display
- Fixed some problems with Amazon links
- Fixed Generated Links page
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 5.4.1
- Added an option to force special characters encoding
- Tested and updated to work with WordPress 5.4
- Added link to import/export page from main plugin administration page
* Added option to exclude posts by tags
- Fixed exclude categories page
- Fixed warning on widget display
- Fixed warning generated by post metabox
- Fixed cloaked link display on admin page
- Added button to copy the cloaked link
- Tested and updated for WordPress 5.3.2
- Fixed Amazon link generation error throwing
- Added option to set custom link limit in each post
- Added custom option to set limit for each link
- Fixed show/hide advanced options on link edit form
- Fixed case sensitive link addition
- Fixed amazon localization bug
- Fixed bug dealing with special chars
- Added a fix to work with Wp Adverts plugin
- Added capability to work with special chars
- Fixed a warning generated by last update
- Fixed heading tags exclusion from replacement
- Added support for Elementor page builder
- Added extra sanitization on ajax calls
- Fixed admin-ajax issue
- Added option to set the link adding priority