What this plugin does:
- Prevents others from embedding your site.
- Prevents you from embedding other non-whitelisted sites.
- Removes support for the WordPress embed block in the new block editor.
Just activate the plugin and you’re good to go.
Want embeds back again? Simply deactivate the plugin.
- Upload the entire
/disable-embedsdirectory to the
- Activate Disable Embeds through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Is it really that easy?
What about previous embeds?
Since WordPress caches all embed codes, previous embeds from other sites will still work. However, your own site’s embeds won’t work at all when using this plugin.
আগষ্ট 31, 2021
just what i needed
জুলাই 2, 2020
An easy way to drop some weight if you don’t need the functionality that the plugin disables. For me this has been a “set and forget” plugin.
আগষ্ট 12, 2019
Use this plugin several years. Work fine!
জুলাই 14, 2019
I like the approach of plugins like this. Simple and super useful. Thank you!
ফেব্ৰুৱাৰী 12, 2019 1 reply
pointless updating if it doesn't work after WP 4.4.
অক্টোবৰ 31, 2018
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Embeds” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Disable Embeds” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated against WordPress 5.7
- Updated against WordPress 5.0
- Updated against WordPress 4.6 Beta 2
- Removes a new embeds filter introduced in WordPress 4.5.3
- Updated against WordPress 4.4 Beta 3.
- Removes all embeds rewrite rules on plugin activation.
- Updated against WordPress 4.4 Beta 2.
- Initial release.